Abundant Wildlife & Birdlife
Within Dinokeng Game Reserve (DGR) the African wildlife includes lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo and leopard as well as many other species such as jackal, hyena, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, numerous different antelope, and many more. The variety and quantity of wildlife in the DGR is extensive and sightings often rival more remote parks.
The Dinokeng area is a bird-lovers paradise. An enormous number of bird species can be viewed, with the area holding the world record for most bird species recorded in a 24-hour period.
We take you on our game drives early in the morning or in the late afternoon as these are the best times for spotting wildlife. As always in the wonderful bush, we can never guarantee what we will see. What we do enjoy are unforgettable African sunsets and sunrises. We provide your own personal sun-screen and insect repellent packs as needed, and our blankets keep you snug in our winter season or chilly mornings.
Peace & Tranquillity
Find peace and tranquility relaxing in complete privacy and luxury. Listen to the beautiful sounds of nature, whether it is the howling of jackals in the distance or crickets chirping during hot summer nights. Simply enjoy such precious moments without the stress and pressure of everyday life.
Besides enjoying abundant wildlife and birdlife, peace, tranquility, fine dining and wines in Golden Impalas Bush Resort, you might also like to consider some other activities in close vicinity. Here are a few options:
Within approx 30 mins from Golden Impalas:
The following are not included in the rates but are available at extra cost subject to booking in advance:
- Tour of Cullinan Diamond Mine (lunch included) – Cullinan is renowned as a source of large, high-quality gem diamonds, including type II stones, as well as being the world’s most important source of very rare blue diamonds. Cullinan earned its place in history with the discovery of the Cullinan diamond in 1905, the largest rough gem diamond ever found (3,106 carats) which was cut to form two most important diamonds in the British Crown Jewels.
- Tswaing Meteorite Impact Crater (picnic lunch included) – take a hike around the amazing Tswaing meteorite crater searching for fragments of rock which do not originate from our planet, followed by a peaceful picnic lunch.
- Pretoria tour including the famous Voortrekker Monument (lunch included) – take a guided tour around the capital city of Pretoria including a visit to the famous Voortrekker Monument.
Within approx 90 mins from Golden Impalas (further details upon request):
- Cradle of Humankind (including lunch).
- Soweto tour (including lunch and shebeen visit).
- Hartebeestpoort Dam curio shops and traditional arts&crafts (including lunch).
- Montecasino & Bird Park (including lunch).
- Football, cricket & rugby matches (subject to sporting calendar and availability).