Terms & Conditions
GOLDEN IMPALAS BUSH RESORT – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Golden Impalas Bush Resort (Pty) Ltd [GIBR].
- Guest / Visitor – person or persons who are customers of GIBR.
- Tranquil Peaceful Quiet environment – guests are deemed to fully understand that GIBR offers a tranquil peaceful quiet environment located within the surrounding nature and bush, and GIBR is therefore not a place for guests seeking rowdy activities.
- Bush environment – guests are deemed to fully understand that GIBR is located within the African bush and is situated in natural surroundings along with all the African wildlife and nature, therefore guests are deemed to understand that they are responsible for their own well-being and they should remain alert and attentive at all times.
Reservations and Payments
- The reservation of your stay at GIBR can be made either directly on the GIBR website through Knightsbridge or through agent websites.
- To secure your reservation directly with GIBR a 50 % deposit is required to be paid to GIBR.
- The balance of 50 % is required to be paid to GIBR no later than 30 days prior to arrival for your stay.
- For any reservation made for a stay commencing in less than 30 days, the full100% package price shall be paid immediately to secure the booking.
- If the deposit to secure your reservation is made by a credit card, the same credit card shall be shown at check-in.
- Payment can be done securely by credit card (if booked through Knightsbridge on GIBR website) or can be made by electronic bank transfer (internet banking) if booked directly with GIBR over the phone or email.
- Payment for all other extras can be made by credit card at GIBR reception desk at any time, but the latest at check-out.
Check-in & Check-out
- GIBR management will try to meet the requirements of all guests in terms of check-in and check-out subject to circumstances and availability of rooms etc
- Normal check-in time is 14:00 but early check-in (13:30) can be allowed and agreed to upfront with the guest if circumstances and availability allow.
- The normal check-out time is 10:00 am. Late check-out (11:30) can be allowed and agreed upfront with guest, if circumstances and availability allow.
- Early check-in and late check-out guaranteed at all-inclusive packages
- Any cancellation is required to be submitted to GIBR in writing.
- If cancellation is received by GIBR at least 2 months before the scheduled check-in date the guest will be entitled to a full refund.
- If cancellation is received by GIBR between 1 and 2 months before the scheduled check-in date then the guest will be entitled to a 50% refund.
- If cancellation is received by GIBR 1 month or less before scheduled check-in date then the guest will not be entitled to any refund.
Health & Safety
- Guests are required to have health insurance which they are deemed to have in hand and should confirm upon arrival at GIBR and check-in.
- In case any guests(s) may have any medical condition requiring any special assistance from GIBR staff, it is the responsibility of the guest to clarify this to GIBR management and reception staff upon arrival and check-in.
- By signing the indemnity documentation upon arrival, all guests accept the risks of staying at GIBR in terms of the presence of local African wildlife and in case of any emergency all guests duly authorize GIBR to assist them to enter an appropriate private clinic for which the guests medical insurance shall be deemed to cover all associated costs.
- Guests are deemed to fully understand that GIBR is located within the African bush and is situated in natural surroundings along with all the African wildlife and nature, therefore guests are deemed to understand that they are responsible for their own well-being and they should remain alert and attentive at all times.
Restaurant & Bar
- Restaurant kitchen opening hours are generally as follows:
- Breakfast 07:00-09:30
- Lunch 12:30-14:00
- Afternoon tea 15:30-16:00
- Dinner 19:00-21:30
- Bar opening hours are generally from 11:00 until 23:00
- Room service – meals can be delivered to rooms by prior arrangement and at additional cost.
- Private Chef – a private chef can prepare dinner in guest suites by prior arrangement and at an additional cost unless included within suite package rate
R.O.A.R. and Behaviour Policy
- GIBR is located in the bush and is a place of tranquility and peace.
- We wish our guests to enjoy their stay to the maximum and we do what we can for our guests to make their stay memorable.
- In case of any disrespectful or inappropriate behavior from any guest(s), their Right Of Admission is Reserved (R.O.A.R.) and GIBR has the right to request such guests to leave the premises.
- Inappropriate or disrespectful behavior towards staff or other guests will not be tolerated.
- Examples of such inappropriate disrespectful behavior include, but are not limited to: loud and/or offensive or abusive language; shouting or screaming; drunkenness; racist or sexist remarks or comments; the violence of any form; threatening behavior of any form; causing damage to property or nature; etc.
- Subject to rules and regulations, children are welcome at GIBR.
- GIBR is a resort offering peace and quiet and tranquility to our guests, therefore we require that children will also follow our rules and will be reminded that as we are located in nature no loud noises are permitted.
- Children are allowed to move around freely at GIBR but are required to be under the direct responsibility and supervision of an adult guest at all times.
Game Drives and Nature Walk Activities
- Game drives are usually organized either early morning or late afternoon daily.
- Guests shall follow all instructions of the guide/ranger at all times during the whole duration of game drive/nature walk activities, in particular: take no citrus fruits /drinks; no standing up on game viewer; no cellphone use (calls) on game viewer; guests must keep very still and remain very quiet especially in case of sightings of lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo.
- The participation of a guest is entirely at his/her own risk (signed indemnity form must be left at the reception prior to leaving for any game drive/nature walk activity).
- No smoking and no drinking is allowed onboard the game viewer or on bush walks.
- Refreshments will be served when the game viewer vehicle is stopped and parked at a spot considered to be suitable by the ranger/guide in charge.
- Children from age 8 upwards are welcome on game drive but remain the full responsibility of their parents/guardians who must be on board with them (ratio generally 1 adult per child) noting that parents/guardians must ensure all children keep very still and remain very quiet especially in case of sightings of lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo.
- We regret that children below age 8 are not allowed on game drives for security reasons and to ensure the safety and protection of our guests.
- We regret that no children under the age of 16 are allowed on nature walks.
Traveling With Children To South Africa
- For all visitors traveling from overseas, we recommend checking all South African regulations which are valid for children entering South Africa.
- Entry requirements vary depending on nationality and changes made by the department of home affairs. We recommend you check with your travel agent or airline in good time.
- GIBR shall not be responsible for any cancellations due to incorrect/missing documentation which may result in the refusal of local authorities to allow children to enter the Republic of South Africa.
- All guests are deemed to be aware that there are many swimming pools at GIBR and that these are not fenced and they do not have any lifeguards in attendance.
- All guests are deemed to be aware that every accommodation unit has a private swimming pool that is not supervised by any lifeguard and is not fenced.
- All guests are deemed to be aware that GIBR has a main swimming pool for use by all guests, with this pool not being fenced and not being supervised or attended by lifeguards.
- All guests accept and agree that their use of any swimming pools at GIBR is at entirely their own risk.
- All guests accept and agree that if they choose to be in close proximity to any swimming pools at GIBR this is done at entirely their own risk.
- Children are welcome in the swimming pool belonging to the unit of the guest and (subject to these rules being respected, including control of children’s behavior to respect the tranquility of other guests) at the main communal swimming pool. However, all children remain the full responsibility of their guardians/parents who must be present at all times to ensure constant full-time supervision of their children by the parents/guardians.
- Diving in and jumping in is strictly prohibited at all swimming pools which are of relatively shallow depth.
- All guests shall avoid touching any technology related to the swimming pools. In case any guests may have any concerns about anything related to the swimming pools they must please contact the reception desk.
1. All guests acknowledge the inherent dangers involved at Golden Impalas Bush Resort (GIBR) including when attending game drives/activities, that I or any of my dependents may participate in, and that my stay at Golden Impalas Bush Resort and all activities are voluntary and undertaken with the full appreciation of the risk involved;
2. All guests specifically waive their rights to all or any claims, of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising against Golden Impalas Bush Resort (Pty) Ltd and all GIBR associates, employees and any other persons connected, whether directly or indirectly with any of the aforementioned parties, for damages suffered or loss sustained by any guest, or any of their dependents, arising out of any cause whatsoever during their stay at Golden Impalas Bush Resort, including activities organised, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all and any claims for damage and loss arising from accident or injury, loss of life, illness, infections, inconvenience, damage to or loss of property, whether or not such event arises out of negligence, including gross negligence, of the parties aforementioned.
3. All guests indemnify Golden Impalas Bush Lodge (Pty) Ltd, its employees, venue and any other persons connected, whether directly or indirectly, with any aforementioned parties, against all and any claims which may be arising out of any loss or damage to guests property or person (including loss of life), during the course of their stay at Golden Impalas Bush Resort, including any activities organised by Golden Impalas Bush Resort (Pty) Ltd.
4. All guests indemnify Golden Impalas Bush Resort (Pty) Ltd from whatsoever cause and howsoever arising including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the negligence, including gross negligence, of any of the aforementioned parties;
5. All guests undertake to return all property on time and in good condition. And in case of any damage caused or non-return of the property of Golden Impalas Bush Resort, all guests hereby agree for a late penalty fee or replacement/repair costs to be charged to them.
Package and Accommodation Options
- Villas – one-bedroom suitable for 2 adults comfortably (plus one camp-bed can be added for one child at additional cost).
- Suites – two-bedrooms suitable for up to 4 adults comfortably (plus two camp-beds can be added for two children at additional cost).
- Bed & Breakfast – includes accommodation in a selected unit, welcome drink on arrival, buffet breakfast in Maatta’s Restaurant
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast – includes accommodation in a selected unit, welcome drink on arrival, three-course dinner in Maatta’s Restaurant and a bottle of local wine with the dinner, buffet breakfast
- All-inclusive – includes accommodation in a selected unit, welcome drink on arrival, light lunch, three-course dinner in Maatta’s Restaurant, all soft drinks, local wines & beers, coffee & tea, buffet breakfast, 1 game drive activity per day, an option of early check-in and late check-out
- Any other special packages which might be offered from time to time and for which we will specify exactly what is included.
All guests acknowledge and agree that from time to time the owners and management of GIBR reserve the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions without giving any prior notice.